Entrepreneur, Financial Expert & Host of the podcast For The Love of Money
Episode 015: Reframing our Money Mindset
Today, the wonderful Chris Harder challenges us to think about money in a different way. He should know a few things about wealth - Chris has one of the top podcasts out right now, “For the Love of Money”, and was in the banking industry for 11 years. He and his wife Lori are partners in a host of very successful businesses together, and yet Chris still cites being able to give as the main fuel that keeps his rocket ship full powered. He and Carrie talk about how to adjust your mindset around money so the sky's the limit, what we can do to get more comfortable with money, and what’s next for the amazing Harder family.
What You’ll Hear in This Episode:
● How Chris rose through the ranks during his 11 year career in the banking industry. He had it all, but it wasn’t everything he truly wanted.
● The reasons why so many of us are confused and fearful about money and issues related to money.
● Why your money mindset is one of the most fundamental things to work on when building a business and living authentically in your identity.
● How we develop subconscious beliefs that carry over to money, and what we can do to rewire them.
● Why Chris believes everyone succeeds when women are in charge of the distribution of wealth.
● How Chris and Lori handle their extremely busy and successful careers both together and independently, and why they push each other to be better still after being married for 13 years.
● Chris’s tips for couples that work together, including a 3 mile NON NEGOTIABLE walk every day!
● What inspired Chris to read 30 books in 30 days, and the main lessons he got from all the material.
● His deep love of philanthropy, and how giving drives him to be bigger and better.
● What to do to get momentum back when you feel like things are just “good enough”.
● Three things that are game changers people should do to grow their business:
1.) Find a circle that pushes you and supports you
2.) Get a mentor and/or a coach
3.) Be loud and proud about your business and why your product is unique
● “People would rather talk about the weirdest parts of their sex life than about money.”
● “Make sure you are as conscious about your relationship as you are about success.”
● “When good people make good money they do great things.”
● “Continuing to learn how to become more effective and efficient is the answer,
not working harder.”
● “Good is the enemy of great.”
● “The secret to everything is giving.”
● “Your tribe will make or break your business success.”
● “Be loud, be proud, and be obnoxious about what you have to offer.”
● “If we are giving in the dark, we can’t inspire others to give as well.”
For the Love Of Money
Journey Into the Inner Circle:
@CarrieADoll - Twitter
@carriedollconsulting - Instagram
Carrie Doll - Facebook