Psychologist & Founder of The Grief and Trauma Healing Centre
Episode 75: The Healing Transformation
It is Ashley Mielke’s life mission to empower others to move beyond pain and heal after loss. Ashley is a Registered Psychologist and founder of the Grief and Trauma Healing Center in Edmonton, and her action-oriented program has brought massive success and comfort to over 3,000 people in times of grief and loss. She joins the Inner Circle to share her own story of painful losses, including her father’s substance abuse and suicide, and how she healed herself and found a calling that can support and give hope to others. It’s a story of how sometimes our darkest and loneliest moments can also be the driving force that leads the way for us to connect with our inner calling and give permission for others to do the same.
What You’ll Hear In This Episode:
● Ashley’s raw and vulnerable story of what it was like growing up with a father who struggled with drug addiction and alcoholism, even to the point where she would be neglected and left alone in a car for hours while he was using.
● The feeling of being different and disconnected that Ashley felt in childhood now serves her well in her profession because she can relate to how others going through trauma may feel.
● Although Ashley spent much of her time and energy even up until grad school trying to help her father, she still found him to be her emotional rock.
● The shame and devastation that Ashley felt when her father committed suicide, and how she managed to move forward and sign up at the Grief Recovery Institute.
● How signing up at the Institute changed her life, and Ashley was quickly on the fast track for being the trainer for Canada and starting her own company at 26.
● Above all else, Ashley has a desire to serve others and to show us how we are all more alike than different.
● How Ashley trained and built a team of psychologists and therapists at the Grief and Trauma Healing Center that have now collectively helped over 3,000 people with their action-based program.
● Ashley debunks the common myths and misinformation about grief, and how her programs give people an action-oriented roadmap to deal with loss.
● The Conscious Culture Bootcamp that Ashley spent over 800 hours creating, which will help leaders in the business world find a common thread between team members and help them create an environment of trust and safety in the workplace.
● “We have to take action to heal our heart, we can’t just wait for time to pass.”
● “I had no idea what I was doing, but I knew I was called to serve grieving people.”
● “To watch our clients flourish after loss is why I do this work.”
● “Our office is the most energetic, enthusiastic, hopeful place.”
● “To be willing to go first and tell your story, you give permission to others to do the same.”
Journey Into the Inner Circle:
@CarrieADoll – Twitter
@carriedollconsulting – Instagram
Carrie Doll – Facebook