Financial Trader & Leading Others On An Awakened Path
Episode 54: Playing By Your Own Book
John “Cal” Callahan uses his experience and wisdom to give men permission to question their own process, however, it shows up for them. He joins the Inner Circle today to share how really listening to our intuition can be life-changing in ways we can’t even anticipate. John went from Wall Street, golf meetings, and rubbing elbows with celebrities to awakening to a new path of spirituality and self-discovery. He reminds us that it's never too late to look at the world from a new lens and reframe our purpose.
What You’ll Hear in This Episode:
● John grew up in a small town in Maine and learned the importance of working hard from his parents.
● What led John to a career in Wall Street, and what it was like to work in such a pressure cooker of a business.
● Whether it was in the corporate world or a sports team, John loves the camaraderie and support that comes from working within a team.
● What bad habits and vices John observed he was involved with, and how they were numbing and distracting him from the core of who he was and really wanted to be.
● That your career should complement your identity rather than define it. John has made a lifetime of defining himself by his values, despite what others may think.
● What a plant-based medicine ceremony is, and what the journey did for John in terms of seeing how connected he was.
● When we start to let go of our fears and doubts, we can become part of a larger experience around us.
● John’s recent experience of renewing his vows with his wife, and how they agreed on love in terms of how they are now in the present moment, rather than decades ago.
● What’s next for John in the creative process, and the podcast and coaching groups that are unfolding.
● “There’s not enough men out there that are giving other men permission to do the work.”
● “I try to not play by the same playbook as everyone.”
● “I started to collect brothers and sisters on the same path of wondering why we are here.”
● “It doesn’t have to be about an achievement-based lifestyle.”
Journey Into the Inner Circle:
@CarrieADoll – Twitter
@carriedollconsulting – Instagram
Carrie Doll – Facebook