Founder of Style Nine to Five & Career Expert
Episode 38: Act On Your Passion
Description: So many of us have ideas, but they stay just that — ideas. Our guest today took a risk, left a steady job and long career to follow her passion, and it paid off big time. Christie Lohr understood the difficulties of both finding a job in fashion and also hiring the right candidate, and took it into her own hands to create the one of a kind fashion job website Style Nine to Five. She talks about lessons she learned in her 20 years plus experience in fashion, what’s on trend now, and how to have the confidence to move forward without a plan B.
What You’ll Hear in This Episode:
● The fashion trends this summer including hats, snakeskin prints, monochrome and high waisted flowy pants.
● What led Christie down the path of fashion at a very young age, and the love she discovered for both the business and creative side.
● How Style Nine to Five works, and why Christie knew it was needed in the fashion employment industry.
● What it was like for Christie once she put it all on the line and left her job to create Style Nine to Five.
● What Christie loves about creating opportunities for young employees in fashion and employers looking for high-value candidates.
● How Christie knew she was on track when creating Style Nine to Five, and what challenges she overcame along the way.
● Why we shouldn’t wait for everything to be perfect before jumping into action on our ideas.
● Why it was so important to Christie to start her blog, and how it has evolved over the years.
● The little ways Christie separates herself from others, including the much-lost art of handwritten notes to express her gratitude.
● How Christie stays on top of trends, finds the best deals and her advice for those of us looking to level up our style game.
● Advice for women to feel worthy and deserving of success.
● How she recharges and sets boundaries with such a busy schedule.
● “I always had an inkling fashion would be my career path, I just didn’t know exactly what.”
● “I’ve always visualized myself doing more.”
● “There is a reason I haven’t seen Game of Thrones. While everyone was watching it, I was working on my business.”
● “If I have an idea, I get started right away.”
● “No one is going to discover you. You have to get out there and make yourself known.”
● “Social media is your resume.”
● “Don’t let fear guide you, but embrace it.”
Journey Into the Inner Circle:
@CarrieADoll – Twitter
@carriedollconsulting – Instagram
Carrie Doll – Facebook