Owner of Lipstick Empire, Speaker & Medical Aesthetician
Episode 48: The Power Of A Dream
At the tender age of 6, Justine Martinson already knew what she wanted to be when she grew up. While others were dressing their Barbies, Justine was booking salon appointments for them and playing spa owner with her family and friends. Her dream held true, and now Justine has been a Medical Aesthetician and Laser Technician for over 10 years and opened her first Spa in Edmonton when she was just 23 years old. Justine joins the Inner Circle to share her experience in Dermatology, and the lessons she has learned through her vast experience in the industry. She talks about opening Lipstick Empire and her new venture in digital marketing. This female powerhouse also talks about her love of connecting with the community, why it’s powerful to ask for help, and the joy she gets from engaging in philanthropy.
What You’ll Hear in This Episode:
● The seeds of Justine’s future were planted when she was quite young. It was apparent to herself and everyone around her that helping others look and feel their best was quite important.
● Justine started doing makeup at age 12 and saved up enough money to go to Australia and Aesthetician School.
● What it was like for Justine to open her first Spa in Edmonton in 2011 when she was just 23 years old.
● Justine loves showing others that estheticians are so much more than what people stereotype them to be. You have to be very organized, business savvy and have the ability to pay close attention to detail.
● Justine started getting supreme business results and found medical and beauty experts were looking to her for advice on how she was using her tools.
● Justine battled with an addiction to work and seeing a psychologist was one of the best and healthiest decisions she could have made for herself.
● How Justine now is able to do so much but also invest in her own self-care and boundaries.
● Her love of philanthropic endeavors and giving back to the community.
● More about Justine starting Lipstick Empire in 2013, and how it has grown over the years.
● That Justine faced her fear and enrolled in Carrie’s public speaking lessons and the many doors this
decision it has opened.
● It’s important to diversify! Justine is adding to her team, and surrounds herself with those that are
experts to grow her own empire.
● Why passion and drive are so important, but they can’t come at the price of losing yourself.
● “People would be playing house, and I would be playing salon owner.”
● “Always just had this desire to lead, inspire and empower.”
● “I jump, and build my plane on the way down.”
● “You can’t rise to the top on your own, and it’s not weak to ask for help.”
● “Sharks and public speaking were my worst fears. Now it’s just sharks.”
Canadian Dermatology Association
Journey Into the Inner Circle:
@CarrieADoll – Twitter
@carriedollconsulting – Instagram
Carrie Doll – Facebook